- Make sure the PC or tablet has an open internet connection.
- Insert the USB Serial Adapter into a USB port on your computer.
- Windows Update will install the most recent drivers automatically.
If Windows does not automatically install the drivers for this serial adapter:
- Open the Start menu and select the "Settings" cog icon
- Select "Update & Security"
- Select the "Check for updates" button and let Windows check for available updates
- Select the "View optional updates" link
- Expand the "Driver updates" section and check the box for the "Prolific - Ports" driver
- Select the "Download and install" button to complete the driver installation
The Serial adapter should now be detected in the Device Manager, showing the COM port number in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" section.